[gensc-biodiversity-wg] [Gensc-developers] GSC 14 hackathon Sept 20-21

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at nescent.org
Sat Mar 17 19:49:06 UTC 2012

Hi Dawn and everyone else,

That's great news! Incidentally, I was just going to resume the discussion about how best to get the (larger and longer) hackathon at NESCent off the ground that we had slated for the fall during the discussions that led up to the January event. I was also wondering whether there's some kind of summary of the January hackathon (and apologies in advance if it was posted here and I missed it), as a basis for how to go from there to the NESCent event.

Another possibility would be to extend the Oxford event (by co-sponsoring), but I'm not sure that following a longer event at NESCent shortly afterwards with the smaller one at Oxford wouldn't actually be more advantageous.

Any and all thoughts on this would be most appreciated, and suggestions on who would be interested to be actively involved in planning would be great, too. Someone from the QIIME project contacted me a while ago, but the broader a community has a say the better.

-hilmar

Sent with a tap.