[gensc-biodiversity-wg] GSC18 registration closing on May, 1st - Last chance to join us!

Pelin Yilmaz pyilmaz at mpi-bremen.de
Thu Apr 28 14:27:34 UTC 2016

The GSC18 meeting will take place on the beautiful island of Crete in Greece, between 12th-15th June, 2016. The theme of the meeting will be Coordinating Metadata Standards and “putting the standards into action”.

A summary agenda is now available, following this link:
http://wiki.gensc.org/images/d/db/GSC18_summary_agenda.pdf <http://wiki.gensc.org/images/d/db/GSC18_summary_agenda.pdf>

Briefly, the sessions will cover the following topics:
	• Standards: Global to Local
	• Pathogen, Plant, UNEP standards
	• Air, Sea and Soil Monitoring Projects
	• Microbial Ecology of Greece
	• Marine Biodiversity, Ocean Sampling
	• Subway, Wine and Soil Microbiomes
	• Nagoya Protocol, Ethics, and Standards
	• Outreach and Education

Registration
The registration deadline is May, 1st 2016, with a fee of 500 USD. You can register for the meeting following this link:
https://www.regonline.com/builder/site/?eventid=1804035
 <https://www.regonline.com/builder/site/?eventid=1804035>

Accommodation
A bulk booking has been made at the Astir Beach Hotel (1.6km/1mi away), please quote HCMRGSC18 for a price offer of 50 Euros/night (single room with breakfast) or 60 Euros/night (double room with breakfast).

For further details like other accommodation options, flights, and information about Crete, please visit our meeting website: http://wiki.gensc.org/index.php?title=GSC_18 <http://wiki.gensc.org/index.php?title=GSC_18>

We are also happy to announce that the list of speakers is now complete. During the three-day workshop, we will hear from:

Keynote Speakers
	• Arianna Broggiato: The Nagoya Protocol - Responsible and Ethical Global Sampling
	• Nicky Mulder: Standards Initiatives in H3ABioNet
	• Phil Hugenholtz: Genomic Taxonomy, from Genus to Domain.
	• Christos Ouzounis: Microbial Ecology in Greece and Bioinformatics
	• Daniele Daffonchio: Extreme Environments and Microorganisms

Session Speakers
	• Anastasis Oulas, HCMR, GR
	• Antonio Fernandez-Guerra, MM-MPI, DE
	• Aspasia Nisiotou, Nat Inst Agronomy, GR
	• Claire Nedeléc, INRA, FR
	• Danilo Ercolini, Uni Naples, IT
	• Dimitra Manou, AUTH, GR
	• Donovan Parks, ACE, AU
	• Evangelos Pafilis, HCMR, GR
	• Folker Meyer, ANL, US
	• Frank Oliver Glöckner, MM-MPI, DE
	• George Garrity, SIGS, US
	• Georgios Kotoulas, HCMR, GR
	• Georgios Tsiamis, Uni Patras, GR
	• Guy Cochrane, EBI, UK
	• Ilene Mizrachi, NCBI, US
	• Jim Cole, MSU, US
	• Klaas Deneudt, VLIZ, BE
	• Konstantinos Kormas, Uni Thessaly, GR
	• Lynn Schriml, UMB, US
	• Manolis Ladoukakis, Uni Crete, GR
	• Manolis Mandalakis, HCMR, GR
	• Neil Davies, UCB, US
	• Nicolas Tsesmetzis, Shell, UK
	• Nikolaos Nikolaidis, TUC, GR
	• Nikos Kyrpides, JGI, US
	• Pantelis Katharios, HCMR, GR
	• Pavlos Pavlidis, ICS FORTH, GR
	• Pelin Yilmaz, MM-MPI, DE
	• Petra ten Hoopen, EBI, UK
	• Phillip Goldstein, OBIS, US
	• Pier Buttigieg, AWI, DE
	• Renzo Kottmann, MM-MPI, DE
	• Rob Finn, EBI, UK
	• Scott Tighe, Uni Vermont, US
	• Simon Claus, VLIZ, BE
	• Wiebe Koiistra, SZN, IT

Looking forward to seeing you at the GSC18!

Pelin Yilmaz, Secretary of the GSC